About Me

My photo
hi i am master gaurav... i'm a kinda confused person and always want to be loved by people.. i love to make friends... sketching is my life. I love my parents and grandparents and can't live without them... i consider this blog as a place to share my feelings and ofcourse sketches... i'll be very happy and feel honourable if you guys leave comments on my post and correct me if i'm wrong somewhere!!! I’d love to read them all and in case you recommend my blog to your friends –then the sky’s the limit to my happiness! So, here we goooo!

Slideshow of my sketches

Let's see how much you score ;)

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I MISS YOU


I have used colors after a long time (I last colored 4 years back) as one of my friend wants me to try out.. Frankly speaking i dont have knowledge to colors things up and has tried because Shiela asked me to do so.. hope you like.. also please tell should i further color or not?? I promise I won't be upset whatever your advice will be. ;)


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Gaurav!

I think you did a very nice job for not having colored for a long time. The skin tones are warm and wonderful. The only thing I could see that might set that beautiful couple off is a little background color. Maybe blue or green? You don't need to color the whole background. Even a little design in the back could give it more dimension. If it's a design, make it soft and blurry so it looks like its in the back ground.

It look like it took a lot of work to color. When you practice maybe you can work smaller for a while until you feel more confident [ I think you're a little hard on yourself] or do one every so often because I do love your unique style of drawing.

Thanks for giving it a go. I hope you try again sometime. Gold Star for you!

Unknown said...

Wow, I don't see any fault here and you did a good work. Have more self confidence and everything is going to be fine.

A place meant only for me said...

@ Shiela- Thanks a ton for my first golden star.. i'll follow your advice and sooner or later will come with another colorful sketch of my life... ;)

@ James- Thanks for the lovely comment buddy... ;)

Teresa said...

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you for your kind comments on my finished Blue Girl. About your question on the lightness of her hat... in reality it's quite a bit darker - it was a very bright sunny day when I took a photo of the painting and it made the colors look lighter. But they are actually quite a bit lighter than the original reference. Why? Because strong color contrasts and lots of detail pull the eye so I saved the most contrast and detail for her face. That's the reason both the hat and her dress is lighter and less detailed than her face. I want you to look at her eyes first so that's the area of greatest color contrast and detail.

Your painting... is nice! Your composition is VERY good and you've got a nice warm tone on the skin.

Can I recommend a book to you? It's one of my favorites and has been a tremendous help in growing as a cp portrait artist... the book is "Colored Pencil Portraits" by Ann Kullberg. You can find it on Amazon.com or on other websites. It has lots of great info on portraits.

Have a good day!
Teresa

Teresa said...

P.S. Yes, do keep working in color! The more you use color the better you'll become!

A place meant only for me said...

Thanks a lot for valuing my work.. your comments always means a lot to me... ;)

Also i'm very much thankful to you for recommending a book on this subject..

I'll now surely return(after some time) with a colorful portrait.
Thanks again for your lovely comment.. ;)